Pet Flea Control Vancouver
Our 4 stage flea control program addresses all levels of pet flea problem. Combined with our unique flea prevention techniques, you will never have to worry about fleas again
Pet Flea Control Vancouver
Cure the itch of fleas and ticks. The experienced staff at Cypress St. Animal Hospital can help you with removal and preventative measures. Flea and Tick control is important for every pet owner. Nothing can ruin your pet’s summer faster than constant scratching, itching, hair loss, inflammation and infection. An ordinary flea life cycle can span several months, and because of that, no single-use solution can totally remove the problem. Your pet should be able to enjoy life to the fullest. To get the issue under control and prevent future ones you need an effective flea removal strategy.
Customized Flea Control Program for Your Pet
1. Adult: Attaches to and sucks blood from your pet. Lays eggs within 48 hours. Lives for 2-3 months and can live under your carpet and the foundations of the house.
2. Egg: Nearly invisible. Hatches quickly in warmer temperatures (70-89° F), usually within 1-10 days.
3. Larva: Hatches from eggs and resembles maggots. Burrows deep into carpeting, rugs and furniture. Pupates within 7-18 days.
4. Pupae: This is the final stage. It takes from 7-10 days for larva to develop into an adult flea. Highly resistant to insecticides, pupae nestle into cracks, crevices, carpet, and rug fibers. They are barely visible to the naked eye.
Dealing with fleas requires the right approach. Each pet you own needs to be treated, and their living environment cleaned and vacuumed. In addition to removing the current fleas, our products will stop flea eggs and larvae from becoming adults, which is when they are the hardest to kill.
Ticks emerge in the spring and last through early fall. During feeding, they can transmit diseases like Tularemia, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and Lyme disease. They can eat 600 times their body weight, gorging on your pet for several days before falling off and hiding under your carpets, rugs, mats and furniture.
Destroying fleas and ticks does not have to feel like an uphill battle. Our team can show you how to protect your pet and home by providing you with Siphotrol or Revolution, home-friendly sprays that can be used on any surface.
To learn more, give us a call at (604) 734-2500, or drop by our office to schedule an appointment. Let us help you stop this discomfort for your pet and the invasion of your home.
What Pet Owners Are Saying:
"I’m so glad that this is our neighbourhood vet! Our cat disappeared and was found with a broken leg. We took him here and the surgery was arranged. The staff and doctors are all very friendly and kind. We’ve even had calls at home to check and see how he’s recovering."- Louisa D.
"I brought in my 6-week old kitten for her first check up and vaccinations a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The staff were friendly. All of my concerns were addressed and all my questions were answered in depth. The prices were very reasonable."- Ellie C.
Did You Know?Your pet can easily get ticks by:
- - Contact with stray dogs or cats
- - Contact with other flea-infested animals
- - Walking through shrubs and high grass
- - Hair loss
- - Constant scratching
- - Biting, and broken skin